Fitness is defined as the quality of being suitable to fulfill a suitable role or task, while weight loss is the process of losing weight. These two are combined together in these fitness and weight loss tips because there’s such a thing as unhealthy weight loss and that’s something you’ll want to avoid as much as possible.
These fitness and weight loss tips come hand in hand because through proper weight reduction and other fitness regimens, one can achieve his ideal body and life.
1. Start with a positive attitude. Motivate yourself by reminding yourself why you’re focusing on being healthy. Whether it’s for yourself, your loved ones, a personal goal you want to achieve, etc., staying positive entails positive results
2. Eat vegetables. Eating fiber will make you feel full, thus lessening food intake afterwards
3. Drink one full glass of water before a meal. Much like eating vegetables, drinking one full glass of water would help reduce calorie intake and gives a sense of fullness.
4. Make healthy changes one at a time. You can start by cutting sugar, processed food, etc. or by walking home from two blocks away. Start small and build up your confidence.
5. Stop the temptations altogether. Avoid buying unhealthy food at the beginning so you can avoid snacking on them later. There’s a saying that goes: “Prevention is better than cure”.
6. Stay busy. This particularly helps when you snack when you’re bored. Keeping yourself busy would keep you productive and prevent you from having a snack.
7. Don’t skip breakfast. It really is the most important meal of the day. Starting your day with a heavy meal for breakfast would make you consume fewer calories during the day.
Don’t skip breakfast. Source: intermountainhealthcare.org
8. Don’t skip meals, for that matter. Skipping meals would lead to compromise or binge-eating during some other meal. It also slows down the body’s metabolism so the food consumed after skipping the said meal doesn’t burn off easily.
9. Have an egg for breakfast. Extra protein in the morning will help reduce calorie intake as the day goes on. This is why the egg is a popular breakfast food!
10. Keep a food journal/tracker. Tracking down what you consume every meal can help you monitor your weight and determine if you’re losing or gaining a few pounds. You can even add calories to be more specific about your recordings.
11. Sleep six to eight hours a day and stick to a regular bed and wake up time. This helps your body because of the consistency of the times you are awake and asleep. This helps boost your alertness and gets you throughout the day without feeling so tired
12. Switch up your workout routines. Go easy on your body. If you perform high-intensity level workouts one day, make sure you rest and take it easy the next day because your body is not made of steel and can definitely break.
13. Take a break once in a while. If you’re feeling defeated in the middle of your 10km jog, you can always take a break – no one will hold it against you if you sit down five minutes to catch your breath, compose yourself, or maybe even look at cute dogs. Also, take some days off your diet and eat your favorite snacks.
14. Keep track of your workout. Regularly recording how long you get moving when you hit the gym or how far you run during a jog helps you keep yourself motivated and on-track since the numbers really do speak for themselves.
15. Warm up and cool down. Warm ups are integral to prepare your muscles and joints for the upcoming workout – whether high or low intensity.
Cool downs are also important to ensure that your elevated heart rate would lower to its resting heart rate and unwind from a high intensity workout.
16. Walk when you can. If you can, don’t ride the bus to your local market when it’s just a couple of blocks away. Yes, it may seem inconvenient at first but little do you know that you’re shedding a couple of pounds and saving a lot of travel money.
Losing weight can be achieved through a positive attitude and a healthy routine of diet, exercise, and mindset. Keep everything in moderation – food intake, diet, exercise, and even your enthusiasm to maintain a balanced lifestyle. These fitness and weight loss tips may not work for everybody, but the outcome is what’s important. You should find a means that suit you the best; while you can listen to people’s advice or fitness and weight loss tips, you still know what’s best for yourself.